Do I need to register my pets?

Registration and Vaccination of any dog or cat over six months of age is required within 30 days of acquisition or bringing the dog or cat into the City. Upon registration, the owner shall present a certificate of immunization against rabies showing the description of the animal, the type of vaccine used, the date of vaccination and the date the next immunization is due. Registration must be done annually. 

You may register at City Hall located at 585 N Franklin Ave. 

Colby Animal Clinic, Swartz Veterinary Hospital, or Wark Veterinary can also provide registrations. 

If you have any questions, contact City Hall at (785) 460-4400

Show All Answers

1. What are the local emergency contacts?
2. Where can I sign up for utilities?
3. Recycling?
4. Where are the parks located in Colby?
5. Trash Pickup Information?
6. Are any animals banned in the city?
7. Resources for Phone, Cable, Internet and Natural Gas
8. Where can I find local school information?
9. Where can I find emergency disaster information?
10. Do I need to register my pets?
11. Miscellaneous Phone Numbers
12. Where Can I Find a New Resident Packet?