Utility Payment Options
The City of Colby Utility Bills are mailed on the last business day of each month. Bills are due and payable on or before the 15th day of the month. If not paid by 8:00 A.M. on the 16th, a 10% penalty is assessed. If the bill remains outstanding and payment is not received by 8:00 A.M. on the 25th or the following business day, utilities will be disconnected.
Payment may be made by any of the following:
- By Mail – City Hall is located at 585 North Franklin Avenue, Colby Kansas 67701.
- In Person – The Utility Billing Department is located at the South end of City Hall.
- Drop Box – Our drop box is located directly in front of City Hall. Envelopes are provided for your convenience.
- ACH from your checking/savings account. The ACH fee is $1.50 per transaction.
- Credit Card – The City of Colby now accepts utility payments made by credit and debit cards. Credit Card fees are 2.5% of the total amount. Payments can be made online at the link below, by phone at 1-785-460-4400 or at City Hall.
- Auto Debit – If you would like to avoid penalties and disconnection, sign up for our Automatic Payment Service. We automatically take your payment out of your checking account on the 15th of the month or the next business day should the 15th fall on the weekend. Simply complete the Automatic Payment Authorization form found at the link below, and mail or bring it to City Hall. There is no charge for the Auto Debit Process.
- Deferral Letter – When all other payment options are exhausted the City of Colby does offer a written arrangement to extend your bill to the 15th day of the following month. The Deferral Letter is allowed only once in each six month period. Application for this option is obtained at City Hall, as your signature is required.